The Quality policy aims to preserve and increase value creation for the company, thanks to maximum use and optimum development of the uses and daily practices. It undertakes to meet quality requirements, improving daily the efficiency of the organisation, to satisfy clients and foster their loyalty. Following an initial period, the European camping vehicle market is now in a consolidation phase.
Benimar Ocarsa S.A. is holding on to its progress margins, both on a national and international level, thanks to its technical know-how and the reputation of its brand in the sector. Company growth is significant thanks to the adaptation of its production capacities, the innovation and quality of its products and its continuing commercial development. As a subsidiary of the Trigano Group and manufacturers in part of the production of its brands, Chausson and Challenger, Benimar Ocarsa S.A. undertakes to manufacture its products with the levels of quality required by the Group, which at the same time is a client. The crisis which we have experienced since 2008 has led us to temporarily modify production capacities and to revise the strategy and timeframes for renewing ranges. This crisis has also led us to reflect upon the policy which must be implemented in terms of launching production and Benimar Ocarsa S.A. must adapt its organisation to work more to order and strive to maintain the smallest stocks of finished products possible.
By implementing an Environmental Management System for our activities in the company Benimar Ocarsa S.A., we wished to demonstrate our commitment to sustainable development, which we advocate in the corporate world. The camping vehicle production process entails the use of natural resources, the use of chemical products and the generation of emissions and residues. This is why the company decided to manage its activities with respect for the environment, in the framework of sustainable company development. To this end, the Management laid out the principles on which our future development shall be based in terms of environmental safeguard. Equally it undertakes to act as a guarantor of the system, offering the required resources for its implementation and maintenance. The basic principles of our environmental policy are:
- To extend the commitment with continued improvement of our environmental performance to our internal stakeholders and in particular to our employees via communication and their participation in the system.
- Our organisation undertakes to fulfil the legal environmental requirements; applying them to its activities, products and services and others which may enter into force.
- To transmit to interested stakeholders the principles, philosophy, requirements, impacts and results of our internal and external environmental management programmes.
- To continually revise our activities, impacts, scope and the efficiency of the system, establishing aims and objectives to ensure the continued improvement of our environmental performance.
- Our interventions are regulated by the principles of eco-efficiency and the prevention of contamination.
- To behaving according to the nature and meaning of the impacts derived from our actions, products and services.
- To strive for what is best for us and for our clients, while safeguarding the environment.
The application of the quality and environment policy, mentioned previously, requires special responsibility from the General Manager, who accepts such a commitment. BENIMAR’s General Manager is responsible for the communication of the quality and environment policies at all levels of the organisation, as well as understood and accepted, and of its diffusion to the public in general.
The double ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certification is a guarantee of the quality and reliability of the brand’s products, as well as of its environmental compliance.